Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Three Day Weekend + Post-Exam Freedom = Road Trip!


What's the best way to celebrate MLKJ Day Weekend? Many of you altruistic individuals are thinking to yourself, "Why, providing meaningful service to the less fortunate members of our community, of course". We thought about that, and settled on the slightly more selfish but equally gratifying option of a Road Trip. NYC here we come!

Brianna and I drove to Brooklyn to visit my sister and bro-in-law over the weekend and had a great time. My culinary expert sister took us on an around-the-world food tour of New York's various ethnic neighborhoods. (If you are ever in NYC, I would absolutely recommend contacting her through her blog Balance and going on one of her food tours! Entertaining, informative, cheap AND tasty).


In addition to the amazing food and foody-wisdom from my sister, we got together with the one and only Ms. Jernigan, Brianna's old roommate, which was fun. We also rode the subway (Brianna can now check that off her "To Do Before I Die" list), strolled through the Lower East Side, went to a hip and ironic cupcake joint, and visited a candy shop that would make any child's wildest dreams come true. The weekend went by too quickly. Thanks for having us Sister, and we can't wait to visit again. Emphasis on the visit... I'm pretty sure we wouldn't cut it living in the Big Apple. Brianna doesn't like the traffic and I won't wear skinny jeans.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

No fair - you come visit when I'm not in town?!!! You're just going to have to come back... and when the weather is warmer, because running around Manhattan in 12 degree weather is no fun.

Melinda said...

How fun!!! I wish I could go on the NYC food tour.

Kevin said...

Wait - you won't wear skinny jeans? Justin? Maybe we have different definitions of skinny jeans, but I definitely can't see you in baggy ones.