Monday, October 12, 2009

Celebrating Fall

This past weekend we celebrated Fall by spending most of our Saturday outside. Lucky for us it was sunny all day even if it was a little chilly. Columbus is so beautiful this time of year. Here are some pictures to prove it.

This is the tree across the street. All the trees are changing color and have been so vibrant. Saturday morning we started off picking apples at an orchard nearby called Lynd's Fruit Farm. The apples are amazing and well priced. We picked Jonathan and Golden Delicious. Here is Justin hard at work.
They also have a pumpkin patch were you can cut the pumpkin of your dreams right from the vine. We got a little muddy but brought home a new pumpkin for our front porch.

After our morning at the farm, we rode our bikes to the OSU vs Wisconsin football game to experience Columbus at it's best. Columbus-ites love their football and it is not hard to join in the excitement. It is contagious. We had a great time eating bar-b-que with fellow med students and OSU College of Medicine Alumni, watching the cheerleaders do crazy stunts, and cheering as the band marched into the stadium (and all this before kick-off). The game was fun too. Our seats are up in the nose bleed section, but it is still a good view of the field. Sadly we forgot our camera to document our adventures at the game. In the end, Ohio State won the game, the marching band was great during half time (my favorite part), and it was a great way to end a fun Fall day!

4 comments:

Brian and Tonya said...

How fun. I wish I could find and apple orchard near-by. I'm dying to make applesauce. Glad you guys got to enjoy another OSU game.

heather said...

At the last football game, Ryan and I both talked about how fun it would've been to ride bikes down - we didn't know that you did that! How fun!! And cutting the pumpkin right from the vine is pretty dang cool ... fall is fabulous!

Julie L said...

Fun day! Love all the different colors in the one tree. I think our neighbor has some trees like that, but most of the trees in our area all turn one color. Like one day they're green, the next they're gold, or yellow, or orange, or brown.
And the day after that, it seems, they're dropping on the ground.

Scottie and Angie said...

I am glad you took advantage of the warmer weather!!! It's so cold now, I am so not ready for winter.yay for good weekends.Take care