
Exciting news! We are a little late in announcing this, but we will be moving to Phoenix in June! Justin matched at the Phoenix Children's Hospital for his Pediatric residency. We are excited to trade in our coats and umbrellas for year round sandals and shorts for the next three years.
It has been a crazy last few weeks as we try to find a new place to live, figure out the logistics of a cross country move, and decide how to wrap up our life here in Ohio. We will be very sad to leave our great ward, friends and wonderful area that we have called home for the last four years. Justin and I got married weeks before the start of medical school, so for us Columbus is the only home we have ever known as a couple. We love new adventures, but it always hard to change.
Now that we have started looking for a place to live, we have realized how little we know about Phoenix. Despite having lived in Mesa all through high school, I've surprisingly spent very little time in Phoenix proper. So here is our official appeal for advice. We would love any and all tips about nice neighborhoods, apartments and wards to live in. We are not going to be able to see the place before we move, so we definitely need good recommendations. We would like to live as close as we can to the Phoenix Children's Hospital. It is located off the 51 just north of I-10 near downtown Phoenix.
For all you friends living or that have lived in the Valley of the Sun, or have connections living in Phoenix, please shower us with your insider information! And for everyone else, you are more than welcome to come pay us a visit when the clouds, cold, and snow descend next winter!

6 comments:
Some of our friends from our ward here are moving to Phoenix in a couple of weeks. You should hang out with them. They are outdoorsy fit people like y'all. Also they are cute and fun and cool and talented and have adorable little boys. The only place I ever stayed in Phoenix was the Marriott. I recommend it. :)
I live in Glendale, but I think it is farther than you want to live, but if you are in Phoenix we may not be too far from eachother!!
Have Justin visit with his cousin Jeff. They lived several years in Mesa. I know when Dan moved there, he found some great housing prices and was ready to take an apartment at a fantastic low price, until he saw the neighborhood it was in. I guess Phoenix has its share of scary areas, too. But I'm guessing you'll have a lot of success finding something that will fit all your needs. Congratulations again!
I have no advice to offer regarding Phoenix, but I did want to say congrats and good luck with the move!!
Congrats!!! That is so great that you get to go home and be closer to your family:) I will miss you guys though and Columbus just won't be the same without you!
Congrats on matching! I am jealous you will have a very warm/dry winter next year! I don't know anything about Arizona so I have no advice, but good luck and I am excited for you guys!
Post a Comment