This weeks challenge was to combine chocolate and peppers. I ended up going the "Chili-Choco" route for two reasons. First, to pay homage to a Brazilian dessert I encountered when living in Sao Paulo. Second, to honor the annual Chili Chocolate Cook-off we used to participate in each February with our church congregation when we lived in Columbus. Here's the recipe:Chili Chocolate Cupcakes
Start with your favorite chocolate cake recipe. In the interest of time, I used a cake mix!
Put part of the cake batter in the blender with a Serrano pepper
Blend! (with love)
Pour into cute cupcake cups and bake
My favorite chocolate frosting recipe:
1/2 cup butter
6 Tbs cocoa
1/3 cup milk
4 cups powdered sugar (or a little less)
1/2 Tsp vanilla
Melt first three ingredients in saucepan and boil until thickens and separates. Add to powdered sugar and beat until creamy. Stir in vanilla.
Not too much kick, but enough to make things interesting! Enjoy!
1 comment:
sure missed you guys at said chili-choco cookoff!
Post a Comment