Wednesday, July 2, 2008

GOOOOOAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!


The Columbus Crew MLS team is one of 2.5 professional sports teams in Columbus (we also have the dismal Columbus Blue Jackets of NHL expansion team fame and the Columbus Destroyers of the "up-and-coming" Arena Football League...hence the 0.5). We decided to support the local sports scene and go to a soccer game last Saturday. It was awesome. We were in the rowdy section where all the true Crew fans sit, which provided for never ending excitement. Besides getting to watch all the hard core fanatics throw streamers and smoke bombs onto the field when the opposing team tried a corner kick, we also were able to witness some poor college kid regurgitate the 8+ beers he had swilled onto the benches a few rows in front of us. We got a good laugh out of it and promptly switched seats. The Crew beat Colorado 2-1, and Brianna got to eat a helping of those elusive but tasty Dip-n'-Dots, so life was good for everyone. I highly recommend MLS games for anyone living close enough to go. It's cheap clean fun. Just keep your eyes peeled for puking frat boys.



4 comments:

Chris and Tiffiney said...

Sounds like fun, but I need a little time to recuperate from my trip before I head out of my house again; especially if I am going to cheer like I did back in high school…
-Chris

Tim said...

You two have a lot of fun over there! Are you sure Justin is in medical school? He must be muy inteligente. My goal in life is to have as much fun as the Wheelers.

Jamie Lynn said...

I love MLS games! We need to go in October when David Beckham comes!

Erik Kokkonen said...

I don't know what I would rather have: drunken frat boys or the 15 year old girl faux fans who I had to endure at the Real Salt Lake game this spring when David Beckham came to town: "Ah, he's SO dreamy"
-Erik