Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chair Improvement


Over the last week or so, the tulips have started to pop up in front of our apartment (pictured above, surrounded by a fresh blanket of the infamous Columbus mulch. I refer to it as "Barf Bark" because it smells impressively similair to vomit. The dark mulch supposedly absorbs the warmth of the sun and raises soil temperature enough to kill weeds before they can get a root system established... I digress). As you all know, tulips are nature's signal that Spring is on the way. We are looking forward to warmer weather and fewer gray skies. The coming of Spring also portends Spring cleaning and getting around to all those home maintenance items we've been procrastinating for the past 3 months due to cruddy weather. Our latest project: reupholstering our ~80 year old kitchen chairs. We think they turned out pretty well, and it gave me an excuse to use the staple gun.
Anyone else had any good home improvement moments to brag about lately? (Besides Kevin... Your bathroom puts us all to shame...)

12 comments:

heather said...

Wow - I really like it!! I wish I could click on the picture though to make it bigger ... but I guess I will just have to come over and see them in person. :)

Julie L said...

Very delightful! Great job.
Aunt Julie

Lauren said...

They are so cute! I wish I had something to reupholster...It looks fun!

Unknown said...

good work! I agree with Heather... can't wait to see your handiwork!

Jessica Stoker said...

The chairs are so cute. What a great little touch. You are so crafty.

Kevin said...

That was my goal in tiling our shower - to put everyone to shame. Success!

Great job on the upholstery, though. Did you pick the flowery fabric yourself?

Justin said...

Ok, for the record, Brianna picked the girly flowers, and I voted for the stripes. In the end, we "compromised", and ended up with 4 flowery chairs and 2 stripeys... :)

Nate and Kristen said...

Those are so pretty! Great job!

Scottie and Angie said...

WOW I totally love them!!! You did an amazing job. I love your table to, what a good find

Susie said...

They look awesome. I can't wait to try them out and to spill something on them! (jk) We, also, have tulips poking up but they have white mulch around them! They also have been well trimmed by the furry mountain beasts that keep hanging out in our yard!

Jill said...

I wish we had tulips instead of a foot of snow! And great job on the chairs. One advantage of my hubby being a school teacher is that he gets to work all summer on home improvement projects.

Chou said...

Wow, these are fabulous! You're brilliant. I miss you both.