Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring Break in Miami

Brianna and I turned over a new leaf this year. For the first time in our college careers, we had a Spring Break. We decided to go all out with a stereotypical "Spring Break on the beach in Florida" vacation. It was amazing. We had scored a really cheap flight through Skybus (one of the great little perks of living in Columbus) back in October, and have been planning out our vacation ever since. We were excited when the day finally rolled around, as I had just finished another whirlwind section in medical school and Brianna was ready for a break from work.

On the day we left, Columbus happened to be in the middle of the biggest blizzard in over 100 years. The storm ended up dumping almost two feet of snow in 24 hours. Our plane was one of only three flights that made it out before the weather forced the airport to close for the rest of the day. This is what we left behind:




And this is what greeted us a few short hours later:



Needless to say, we were grateful to make it to Florida. We spent our time relaxing on Miami Beach, eating fantastic Latin food, visiting my old mission stomping grounds around Miami and Ft. Lauderdale (FYI, I served in the Ft. Lauderdale, Florida Mission from Jan 2001-Jan 2003), driving to Key West, touring the Everglades, and enjoying the sunshine and warmth. It felt great to wear shorts and flip-flops again. Sharing stories and reliving memories with Brianna from when I was a missionary was pretty neat as well. All in all, our Spring Break was a smashing success. We can't wait for next year. Brianna is hoping Skybus will start flying to Brazil...





7 comments:

Tammie said...

We are totally jealous. Looks like you two had so much fun! We miss you guys!

Nate and Kristen said...

How fun! That's great that you two got a break from your busy schedules!

Archuleta's Are Betta' said...

I'm jealous! Looks like you guys had a fun time. Run into any Dominicanos or Haitians?

mckenzie said...

oh jealousy.

Jeannette said...

Lucky! That looks awesome.

Katy said...

Hello,
Just blog-hopping and thought I'd say hi. I must say you caught yourself a beautiful gal, Cheese. (Is it okay to call you that still?) You seem to be a perfect match. So happy for you. So, I have an apology to make. It may sound lame, but a couple years back, I completely forgot to invite you to that Christmas party Jeff and I had...but was so happy when you showed up with Panu! Anyway, hope you can forgive me.:) Good luck in school!
Katy Wassom

Chou said...

Ah, so fun!