
This weeks RSBC cooking challenge was to create a tart appetizer using cranberries. Justin's family has a unique obsession and love for cranberries, which made this challenge a little bit more fun. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any fresh cranberries at any of the stores near us, so I had to resort to using canned ones.
We decided to make a combination of fun flavors we enjoy, and this is what we came up with. The final product was only slightly tart, much more on the sweet side. The cilantro and nuts give it a nice extra zing:
We decided to make a combination of fun flavors we enjoy, and this is what we came up with. The final product was only slightly tart, much more on the sweet side. The cilantro and nuts give it a nice extra zing:
Cranberry Apple Chutney
1/2 can of whole cranberries
1 T diced green chiles
1/2 large Granny Smith apple, chopped
1 T cilantro, chopped
1/2 t ginger
1 T honey
1/3 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
salt & pepper
1/2 package neufchatel cheese (or cream cheese)
tasty crackers
Combine all ingredients. Serve cheese on the side. Enjoy!

Mileage Update:
runned: 21 miles
biked: 44.5 miles
swammed: 0 miles
5 comments:
Yes! Cranberries in any way, shape, or form. I have a cranberry coffee cake recipe that is awesome if you need another way to eat cranberries :)
We put Cranberries in potroast. I'm with Susie though, you really can't go wrong with anything cranberry. :-)
I wouldn't have thought about cilantro and hot peppers with cranberry. I definitely must try this. Sounds like a great combo!
WOW! Very fancy!
I'm always sad that cranberry season is so short. This looks lovely!
Post a Comment